Monday, November 21, 2016

Way Up North
It has been a long while since I've posted anything on my blog, so I decided, today's the day I change that.

I relocated to the Pacific Northwest almost a year ago and have acclimated to it fairly well.
The cooler climate suits me better than the extremes of the Southwest, (Texas).

The locals have embraced me in a hospitable way and my "dancing feet" have tapped out quite a few steps since I moved here.

Before I practiced the art of adventuring into semi-new territory, I almost donated my faux fur collared parka, but I have to say a resounding, "Whew!" I'm very grateful I didn't donate that much-valued piece of clothing now!

My adventures since I moved here have been numerous. Suffice it to say, getting to know one of my sweet granddaughters has been delightful. She has the privilege of my babysitting skills every week, and we do many fun activities. If you have grandchildren, you know what I'm referring to and you treasure the time spent nurturing these little ones.

My Texas family is on my mind frequently and there has been another grandchild added to the mix -- a little boy! These GRANDS cheer me no end and I smile at the very thought of them.

Writing...well, it's been a slow process. I guess you could say that there have been many distractions; flora, fauna, trees, mountains, the Oregon coast, and dancing...did I mention dancing?

I've taken up Irish Ceili dancing, and I have also been frequenting a local "cider" establishment, with a sassy group of salsa dancers. It's been such fun.

Obviously, this has been a favorable move and I do miss my Texas friends and family.

As the holidays draw near, I hope you will remember to set aside time for the things that make you smile, things that warm your heart, those great memories that you have locked away in the most treasured parts of your very soul.

Reading? Why, yes! I've been reading a variety of books.

Curio by Evangeline Denmark, for one. Extremely different storyline, Fascinating, thought-provoking. Evangeline has created an entire new world -- Magic, conflict, love, and science are all entwined in this intriguing story. I hope she does a sequel.

Please consider one or both of my stories this holiday season.

gammonsp@yahoo.com is a good start if you wish to receive a signed copy. A bundle of both books is $20.00 plus $2.00 shipping. Separately, $12.00 plus $2.00 shipping. They are also available on Kindle and amazon.com and I hope you will take the opportunity to go online and preview them.

"Hazards on the Hardwood," and "Hazards on the High Road," are easy reads and have some pretty crazy characters in plot twists and comedy thrown into the mix.

Thanks for taking the time to read this note.

No comments:

Post a Comment