Tuesday, May 7, 2013

Word World Revisited!

Chug, Chug, Chug!

I'm at the end of one journey and about to begin another.  It started with the pushing and tugging of a dear friend, Leah Michelle Banicki.  She suggested (coerced) me into joining NaNoWriMo in November of 2012.  I reluctantly gave in, as I usually do when it's beneficial to my course of action.  I created my sign-in name and then started my writing engine and poof, I was off like a shot!

The goal of NaNoWriMo (National Novel Writing Month) is to accumulate at least 50,000 words in the  month of November, with the intention of it mysteriously and magically turning into the "next great novel."

I remember sitting there, staring at the blank screen, with a heaping case of writer's block, when all of a sudden it hit me like a box full of dancing shoes!

"Write what you know." That has been the mantra of authors from time memorial.  "Okay, I said to myself, what is it that I know?"

"DANCING!"

"Oh that!"

Well, as they (whoeverTHEY are) say...the rest is history.

My fingers zipped across that keyboard faster than Clark Kent morphing into his alter-ego, Superman!  My mind went into overdrive and before I knew it, the story was born!

God had laid down the gauntlet, "Patty you have a passion for dance and a gift of writing...USE THEM BOTH!"  His message was loud and clear!

As I sit here today, enjoying the fact that my first novel is on its way to being self-published. (I never had an agent or publisher available for my project).

There are no words to tell you how much of an accomplishment this is.

It's been an uphill project with twists and turns, joys and discouragements innumerable.

The bottom line:  "I thought I could, I thought I could!"  God said, "Yes you can!  Yes you can!"

Hold fast to your ideas and your dreams...pray about it, work it out in your head...put your pen to the paper and your hands to the keyboard and it will appear!

"Hazards on the Hardwood" is finished...just a few touch ups and it will be available on amazon.com and Kindle.  I also plan to distribute to my friends and family personally.

God is mighty and He is faithful!


No comments:

Post a Comment